Raspberry Cheesecake Brownie

November 29, 2011

Raspberry Cheesecake Brownie

Just when I thought my Cheesecake Brownie couldn't get any better, I found out it actually can. The addition of homemade raspberry preserve makes this dessert an instant winner. With fresh raspberries available all year round, there's really no need to wait for summer, although, of course, raspberries are best when in season. To make this cake, just follow my previous recipe, but use a full tub of cream cheese and omit the hazelnuts and coffee. Reserve 1/2 cup brownie mix and drop teaspoonfuls of batter and preserve all over the cheesecake layer, then create the swirls.



To make the preserve, put 1 cup raspberries in a small pan, add 2-3 Tb sugar and let sit for 30 minutes to release their juice. Add 1 Tb freshly squeezed lemon juice and bring to a boil (adjust the amount of sugar and lemon to your liking). Reduce the heat and let simmer gently until slightly thick, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Remove from heat and let cool completely. While cooling, it will become thicker. Alternatively use store-bought preserve. I prefer to make my own, that way I control the taste and what goes in it.


Let the cake cool completely before cutting. You can even let it set in the fridge for 1-2 hours.

This fascinating combination of flavours and textures takes this dessert to a whole new level of delight.



Enjoy!


A lot of time, effort and passion goes into each recipe I post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you made this recipe, then please take a minute of your time to leave me a comment. And if you like it, please share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all in advance!

0 comments:

Previous Next Home